24.2.14

Sanctuary - test 1

Well after reading loads and loads of tutorials I decided to start testing and dropping stuff together as I develop the concept art. Over all I can say that the characters, NPC and some of the backgrounds are pretty much finished idea wise, so soon I'll start introducing them. I have a thing about 'branding' my own work, just because I seem to get more attached to it and it's easier to discuss about it. 
The name of the game is 'Sanctuary' so from now on, you'll hear a lot about it. 

If you go to this LINK it should show a very rough version of the game: 
(Hopefully it works, as one of the things I'm testing is exporting the game itself) [you play with the arrow of the keyboard] 
Some of the characters in there are inspiration examples of what I want to achieve, they helped me to get sizes right. The average size of characters is 150 pixels high... 
Things I've done on this test as an achievement are:
-Mobility of the character: walk, jump, climb
-Camera following the character
-'Animation' sprites for the main character (it technically works, yet I'm only using a test image) 
-Invisible collisions and jump though platforms
-Positioning of objects and background in different planes, at the same time adquiring a sense of depth through implementing some parallax motion

There is A LOT to do yet. My next challenge at this point is add the text and 'interaction' with the NPC as for what I can see in tutorials is quite an extensive process that requires a lot of planning. Crossing fingers other people can play it. Bare in mind: 1) this is my first attempt to make games myself 2) graphics wont be this ugly [hopefully] and 3) the movement and collisions won't be rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment